• Geutebruck’s Top BC-2189 network camera is a top quality 2-megapixel day/night camera with a 1/1.8"-CCD sensor and removable IR cut filter for brilliant picture quality round the clock.
• It supports complex operations with multi-streaming in H264CCTV and MJPEG. For the discerning security user H264CCTV provides completely airtight event recording with fluid motion play back forwards or backwards, even frame by frame.
• Functions include white balance, exposure, electronic shutter (AES), back light compensation, flickerless and automatic gain control (AGC) and support for text overlay, motion detection, privacy masking, mirror function and an electronic PTZ function.
• License-free use with Geutebruck video security systems.
Dortronics Systems Inc.
• Dortronics Systems has introduced a new communication-capable, fail-safe control system, ideal for public restroom applications.
• The 43211-CB Communicating Bathroom System provides power to operate most low voltage locking mechanisms including maglocks, strikes and electrified locksets, and is ideal for use in a two-door restroom facility such as those located in dormitories or healthcare facilities.
• Either of the “privacy” push buttons will energize door locks for both doors and illuminate the “occupied” high intensity LED indicators outside the bathroom.
• The privacy push buttons also illuminate to indicate to the user when the doors are locked.
• The power supply/controller provides 4 amps of 12 or 24V DC power and is housed in a NEMA enclosure.
Smarter Security Systems
• Smarter Security introduces Fastlane Glassgate 300 with a unique combination of style and security.
• With glass side panels and a minimal pedestal frame, it is a ground-breaking design that accentuates lobby aesthetics.
• The swinging glass barriers deter and obstruct intruders and are available in three heights up to 5 feet.
• Combined with advanced optical technology, it raises entrance security to a high level.
• Glassgate 300 also features IP connectivity via Fastlane Connect, making it an optical turnstile for the modern age.
• Sentry 360 introduces the IS-IP14K is the world’s smallest 14 megapixel camera and also consumes the lowest amount of power (4 watts).
• The idea behind the design was to create a simple and cost-effective camera that was still high-performing for mass markets.
• The IS-IP14K can fit into most enclosures, dome or fixed housings, and is ONVIF compliant, making it widely accepted across a large framework of video management systems.
• In addition, other cameras in the same class have a maximum frame rate of 1-2 while the IS-IP14K is six frames-per-second making usable video a reality in the category of ultra-resolution surveillance.
• Secura Key’s new NOVA.16 provides access control for up to 16 doors, using Smart Readers on an RS-485 network.
• Each reader includes all the inputs and outputs to control a single door or gate, eliminating multiple cable home runs back to the controller.
• This also provides a huge savings in installation labor and cost.
• System expansion also becomes simple and economical.
• Announcing the IndigoVision Ultra 5K Fixed Camera - the first ultra-high resolution security camera to deliver outstanding image detail and video performance in all lighting conditions.
• Ultra 5K has an ultra-high resolution of 5,000 horizontal pixels, delivering incredible image detail and wider scene coverage from a single camera.
• Operators can get an extreme close up through the Ultra 5K's powerful digital zoom, safe in the knowledge that every detail in the scene is continuously captured and recorded.
• Ultra 5K has a cutting edge CMOS sensor with Global Shutter and Wide Dynamic Range. Outstanding image processing performance of 120 Megapixels per second gives 6 frames per second video.
• Available in internal and external IP 67 rated options, the camera is ideal for installations where image detail with wide area coverage is paramount, such as airports, cities, stadiums and major events.
• 2TB hard drive records 45 days of non-stop video from 4 cameras.
• Cameras use PoE (Power of Ethernet) allowing them to operate solely on Cat 5.
• Able to shoot using powerful night vision up to 115 feet away.
• View live recordings from Swann View app on iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Mobile 6, Symbian and iPad.
Bosch Security Systems announces the Remote Security Control app for B Series and GV4 Control Panels now supports Android Devices, in addition to the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Delivering flexibility and convenience for customers, Remote Security Control allows arming and disarming of one or more systems or areas, as well as controlling any connected outputs—including lights, garage doors, and more. Users can also check system status and lock, unlock, cycle or secure doors within GV4 systems that include access control.
Advanced Technology Video, Inc.
ATV has added the 2MP IP Height-Strip camera to its ATV IP Solutions product line. The IPCH2M43PB camera offers untouched video quality for an exit-camera with its 2 Mega-Pixel, 1,920 x 1,080 resolution at 30-ips. The camera is based on H.264 compression and offers a progressive scan image sensor, a no hassle fixed 4.3mm wide angle lens and both PoE and 12VDC power options. The model provides triple video streaming up to 30-ips at 1,080p resolution.
Bosch Security Systems has added new features to its B Series Control Panels, making them easier to use and maintain. With firmware 2.01, the panels offer improved text and e-mail alerts, expanded language capabilities and remote firmware updates of peripheral devices. Customers can now use the B Series Control Panel’s built-in Ethernet connection to send e-mail or text alerts for system events. With this capability, a cellular connection is no longer required for these alerts, reducing costs for the user. In addition, user names, point names and area names are included in the notifications to make them easier to understand.
ComNet introduces a unique SFP (Small Form Factor Pluggable) device that can be used in any Ethernet device, and can extends distances over COAX or UTP cables to 3000 ft. The ComNet SFP-CL can be used in any Ethernet device that uses MSA-compliant SFPs for connectivity. Two different models are being announced, a 10Mbps and 100MBPS model. These SFP modules can be connected any ComNet CopperLine device.
Honeywell Security & Communications
Honeywell Security Group introduces new mobile apps for its popular LYNX Touch 5100 self-contained security system. The new L5100 Connect iOS app allows homeowners to control the system anywhere on premises within their Wi-Fi coverage areas on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The app provides local control of the security system, and if so equipped, control of Z-Wave enabled lights, locks, thermostats and more. This approach helps homeowners save money on energy and utility bills, conserve resources and live a more comfortable, efficient lifestyle.
Canon added four new Full HD resolution network cameras to its product lineup—the VB-S30D PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) Micro Dome Full HD Network Camera, VB-S31D PT (pan-tilt) Micro Dome Full HD Network Camera, VB-S800D Fixed Micro Dome Full HD Network Camera and VB-S900F Micro Box Full HD Network Camera. The new ultra-compact S-series network cameras have been designed for indoor environments that require sensitive monitoring of specific areas or items, such as in the retail, education, commercial and hospitality sectors. The cameras feature high-sensitivity CMOS sensors, large-apertures, wide-angle lenses and dual DIGIC processors.
B and B Electronics
B&B’s PoE and PoE+ media converters feature gigabit speed. As PSE devices, the new PoE and PoE+ converters can power remote, high-bandwidth devices that require gigabit speed, but lack a nearby power outlet, over existing copper wire infrastructure (CAT5 cable or better), concurrently with the Ethernet data stream. Such high-bandwidth Powered Devices (PD) include PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) IP surveillance cameras, plant equipment, VoIP phones and RFID readers.<@NPcompany name>B&B Electronics Manufacturing Company.
With the introduction of the VIDEOJET decoder 3000 and VIDEOJET decoder 7000, Bosch is extending its decoder family with two new solutions for streaming video from IP cameras in high quality HD onto large flat-screen monitors or monitor walls. While providing various display options, both decoders are designed for operation without the need for an additional PC or software to decode the video signals. They support an economical update of video surveillance systems during the transition to IP technology.
B and B Electronics
B&B Electronics announces that it has added 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity technology to its rugged SPECTRE 3G cellular router. Called the SPECTRE3G-W, this new wireless cellular router is a single box solution that provides local machine-to-machine (M2M) network connectivity via its built-in Wi-Fi Hotspot, Ethernet 10/100 and I/O ports, and connects to the Internet via CDMA and HSPA+ cellular telephone networks. SPECTRE3G-W can serve as a Wi-Fi Access Point (AP) or “Hotspot,” as well as scan for and tie into existing short-distance wireless networks. The single-box solution eliminates the need for multiple devices to achieve a Wi-Fi Hotspot.
B and B Electronics
B&B Electronics releases the iMcV-Giga FiberLinX-III gigabit intelligent Ethernet media converter. This third generation of the company’s successful FiberLinX family is a 10/100/1000Mbps copper to 1000Mbps fiber device, converting existing copper wiring-based networks to fiber optics. It securely transmits data from end to end over fiber (up to 100Km), well beyond copper’s distance limitation. A new single-wide module replaces the previous dual-wide module, now occupying only one slot to reduce the cost-per-slot in a multi-port chassis.
SlimLane swing door security entrance lanes combine high speed bidirectional throughput with best in class reliability, while providing a minimal footprint. The lanes are available in 24 or 120 volt, narrow or wide lane versions and single or double swing doors, and offers IP capabilities. SlimLane optical turnstiles are UL 2593 certified and provide electrical and mechanical safety. The optional SecuriSafe feature makes forced entry attempts impossible. SlimLane is suited to any type of interior architecture and can be fully customized.
The IP67 Starter Kit introduces cabinet-free automation via prominent protocols such as Modbus/TCP and EtherNetI/P. It features a SPEEDWAY programmable controller with Ethernet ports, 8-channel DO and spacer modules, power supply rocker switch and RJ-45 to cable breakout module.
Stanley Security Solutions
STANLEY Security adds the ES4 and ES5 to its already existing line of electrified locking solutions. The ES4 electric strike can fit 5/8” up to 3/4” latches with a 1/8” door gap and are latch position status standard, keeper closed and deadlocked/unlocked status standard, have field selectable voltage, have mounting tabs, are non-handed and have few moving parts. The ES5 has no centerline relocations, fit up to a 3/4” latchbolt and a 1” deadbolt, are field reversible, feature dual voltage, are ideal for new or retrofit construction and more.
The Category 6A cabling product line from comCables features bulk cable, patch cables, keystone jacks, patch panels and a rapid punch tool. The solutions reduce alien and near end cross talk and exceed TIA/ISO performance requirements. The products are ideal for 10-gigabit Ethernet networks and extends Cat 6A electrical specifications from 250 MHz to 500 MHz.
The residential and commercial access control company introduces new two, three and five-megapixel cameras in dome, mini-dome, box and bullet (pictured) styles. The new cameras have features such as multiple video streams, H.264 video compression, vandal resistant housings, IP66 weatherization rating, WDR, auto iris control, two-way audio and PoE power. All of the cameras are ONVIF 2.2 profile S compliant and integrate to popular VMS systems.
The Mercury Access Platform EP2500 is an intelligent controller platform with native network support. This powerful and high-performance platform provides an Ethernet ready, fault-tolerant panel capable of efficiently managing a large network of access panels in any system design.
Based on the intelligent next-generation Mercury Access Foundation, the platform uses an RS-485 or Ethernet link to connect to a Windows or Linux host to provide access control, alarm management and scheduled operations all in one package. The EP2500 is capable of elaborate processes and procedures without host intervention. Once configured, the EP2500 functions independently of the host, and is capable of controlling access, managing alarms, interfacing with an array of Mercury hardware devices, all while providing the decision-making oversight that each system configuration requires.
The VIZpin Access Control and Visitor Management Service uses cloud-based Smartphones to increase tenant convenience, productivity and security by allowing property managers to send VIZpin electronic keys to anyone who has downloaded the VIZpin app. The encrypted keys cannot be copied and are unique to a phone and ECKey Bluetooth reader.
Axis Communications introduces two
cost-effective video encoders that can serve small to medium-sized surveillance
installations. The AXIS M7016 Video Encoder provides full frame rate video, is
attractive, cost effective and features easy entry to network video. The AXIS
P7216 Video Encoder features full frame rate video, adds audio and I/O ports
and is equipped with a small form-factor pluggable (SFP) slot for use with
fiber optics. Each uses one single network port, which drives down cost and
port density of the surveillance system infrastructure.